The MDConnect project functions as a continuous improvement cycle that moves through distinct phases: Vision & Plan, Design, Build, Deliver, and Operate.
- Define objectives and align the project goals to MDC’s infrastructure, values and mission
- Develop a detailed action plans to accomplish the project
- Design the organizational communication and training
- Design security and technical interfaces
- Finalize requirements and begin configuration
- Configure and test the designs that were developed in the Design phase
- Develop the application and prepare the validation scripts
- Prepare training and communications
- Establish the security and controls
- Execute tests of process, systems, training, and security that were defined during the Build phase.
- Once the application and other materials have met the quality criteria, it is ready for deployment
- Execute the system and perform actual business operations in the new system
- Once deployed, the support team gradually takes over the maintenance and enhancement of the applications